Monday, August 2, 2010

The Origins Of Oil Reserves

Excellent New York Times article, "Tracing Oil Reserves to Their Tiny Origins" by William J. Broad on the geological origins of oil reserves:
Today, a principal tenet of geology is that a vast majority of the world’s oil arose not from lumbering beasts on land but tiny organisms at sea. It holds that blizzards of microscopic life fell into the sunless depths over the ages, producing thick sediments that the planet’s inner heat eventually cooked into oil. It is estimated that 95 percent or more of global oil traces its genesis to the sea.
Read the complete article here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments :

  1. This post is very informative ,I read your article about "The Islamic Finance Blog".I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog . It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe you will do much better in the future.Interesting breakdown. I hope I see all of you on that list one day.Good job web master.


    forex currency

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites Houston tax services that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine.

    ReplyDelete